To better cope with the extreme conditions of road racing, this kit includes the rigid, race-proven, SL6/ST series 6-piston calipers with Wilwood's exclusive Thermlock pistons. This Wilwood brake kit is an excellent choice for track driven Mustangs.
Wilwood designed this front Road Race kit to be a direct bolt-on for 1994-2004 Mustangs. It may be used on pre-1994 Mustangs, with appropriate vehicle modifications. This kit includes SL6/ST series calipers, rotors, hoses, race compound pads, and all required hardware.
SL6/ST series caliper
- Made of CNC-machined billet aluminum.
- 6-piston differential bore design distributes the clamping force over the length of each pad, improving braking ability and pad life.
- Features Wilwood's proprietary multi-piece insulated Thermlock pistons, to provide the ultimate in protection against heat transfer from the brake pads into the brake fluid, piston seals, and caliper body.
- Available only with a black anodized finish.
- This is not the same low-profile design as the SL6R series calipers.
- The 13" diameter Race-Duty rotor features directional vanes, and slots to reduce pad glazing and friction material buildup on the rotor faces. An asymmetrical slot pattern provides smoother pad engagement. The precision casting is fully machined to eliminate stress points and reduce weight. Tolerances are held to within 0.001" for flatness, parallelism, and run-out. Dynamically balanced to assure smooth performance at any speed. Not plated or cross-drilled.
- At 1.25", these rotors are thicker than stock, increasing thermal capacity.
- Separate black-anodized billet aluminum rotor hat lowers overall weight, and reduces heat transfer into the hubs and wheel bearings.
- Rotor and hat assembly weighs 14.1 pounds.
Includes the stainless steel braided hose kit required for installation on a 1994-2004 Mustang.
The Road Race Superlite 6-Piston big brake kit includes Wilwood's PolyMatrix J compound race pads. These pads are not suitable for street use.