For street driving, autocross, and limited open-track use. Tokico has 3 varieties of struts and shocks that provide improvements in control and handling, along with good ride quality, at a reasonable price.
Tokico Premium Performance, Illumina, and D-Spec dampers will control conventional lowering springs. The Ilumina and D-Spec series front struts also will control mild coil-over spring rates.
- Good ride quality when matched with the appropriate lowering and performance spring sets.
- Premium Performance is good choice for daily-driven cars and for spirited street driving.
- D-Spec is good choice for daily-driven cars, spirited street driving and occasional open-tracking.
- Suitable for Mustangs fitted with a variety of stock-location springs.
- D-Spec and Illumina struts are suitable for coil-over conversions.
- MM Race series dampers are better suited for the more aggressive spring rates used in road racing.
- Tokico rear shocks are incompatible with coil-over conversions.