1987-2004 Mustang, MM2 Race series strut.
- Intended for track-driven Mustangs with front coil-over spring rates of 400 lb/in and 425 lb/in.
- Exclusive MM valving designed for superb track performance, not for street ride quality.
- Intended for lowered cars; the strut mounting ears are relocated on the housing to increase bump travel.
- Not intended for use with conventional springs: Could produce a severe overdamped effect.
For more details
- Superb track performance, especially in wheel-to-wheel racing
- MM2 Race series struts are made with patented mono-tube technology
- Inverted strut design has very large strut shaft bushings for greater resistance to deflection from cornering loads, and protection of the oil seal
- High nitrogen gas pressure prevents oil foaming
- Monotube design has better heat dissipation than twin-tube dampers, keeps the oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade
- Each MM2 Race series strut and shock is tested on a shock dyno
- MM struts do not come with dustcovers because these struts are intended for use with coil-overs, and the appropriate small dustcovers are included with our front coil-over kit.
Offered exclusively by Maximum Motorsports for open-tracking and wheel-to-wheel road racing. The MM2 Race series dampers are intended for track-driven Mustangs with spring rates higher than the rates compatible with MM's Sport series dampers. Constructed with the highest-grade materials and extreme attention to detail.
MM2 Race series struts and shocks are the perfect choice for a car that sees aggressive open-tracking, time trials, or wheel-to-wheel racing. Designed to control the coil-over spring rates required for on-track performance, the MM2 Race series struts and shocks are intended for a track-driven cars equipped with coil-overs.
All MM non-adjustable struts and shocks utilize patented mono-tube technology. Compared to twin-tube dampers, these provide better heat dissipation to keep the damper's oil cool, which decreases heat-induced damper fade. The highest nitrogen gas pressure available prevents oil foaming and fading. The inverted strut design allows for very large strut shaft bushings, which are less prone to deflection. This inverted strut design also keeps the oil seal protected from the elements. Every MM damper is tested on a shock dyno before leaving the factory to ensure quality.
All MM2 race series struts feature unique proprietary strut housings with high-strength, relocated mounting ears. These mounting ears prevent the possibility of bending as a result of brake-torque reaction loads. The mounting ears are relocated to increase bump travel on lowered cars.
Warranty on MM struts
is 3 years.