2000 Cobra R Mustang, Bilstein OEM shock, fits 1999-04 Mustang IRS, with integral progressive bumpstop and dust boot.
- Struts are suitable for both stock-location springs and coil-over conversions. See chart below for spring recommendations.
For more details
Heavy Duty (HD) Bilstein Spring Recommendations
Conventional Spring Sets
MM Road & Track
Stock 2000 Cobra R Springs
IRS Rear Springs
575 - 650 lb/in
OEM 2000 Cobra R Bilsteins
- OEM on the Cobra R
- Requires a machined groove for a coil-over conversion. Or order GBE5-2959-W0 instead.
- Bilstein struts and shocks are made with patented mono-tube technology
- High nitrogen gas pressure prevents oil foaming and resultant fading
- Monotube design has better heat dissipation than twin-tube dampers, keeps the oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade
- Each Bilstein strut and shock is tested on a shock dyno
- Includes an integral, progressive bump stop
- Includes dustcover
- MM Sport series and MM Race series dampers are better suited for more aggressive spring rates.
were designed by Ford to control the linear rate springs that came on the limited production "R model". The 2000 Cobra R rear shocks can be used with coil-over rates up to about 650 lb/in.
For dampers more suited to aggressive spring rates, see the MM Sport series
and MM Race series
The rear shocks must have a groove machined in the shock housing to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit
. To obtain grooved shocks, order rear shocks part number GBE5-2959-W0
While they are non-adjustable, Bilstein's unique deflective-disc valve design instantaneously self-adjusts to changing road surfaces. Their performance does not degrade with age, usage, or heat, requiring no compensating manual adjustments as with other brands. Bilstein uses a patented mono-tube design that allows for a larger piston size than is possible with a twin-tube damper. The mono-tube design provides better heat dissipation to keep the damper's oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade. High-pressure nitrogen gas prevents oil foaming and fading. Every Bilstein damper is tested on a shock dyno before leaving the factory to ensure quality.