Aluminum steering rack bushings for Mustangs with the stock k-member, built 10/1984-04
- Improves steering response by solidly mounting the steering rack, eliminating movement allowed by rubber or urethane bushings.
- Unique design prevents twisting and binding of the rack.
- Center-drilled (not offset) mounting holes maintain best bumpsteer geometry for Mustangs with the stock k-member.
- Unique, precision-machined spherical shape prevents the rack from twisting when solidly mounted.
- Fits both power and manual steering racks.
- Anodized 6061 aluminum alloy and plated steel construction.
- Fits stock k-members with 12MM rack mounting bolts only.
- Does not fit MM K-members or other aftermarket k-members.
Click on the button below for more technical information about steering rack bushings.
Why are offset rack bushings a bad idea?
- Although sold by many as a supposed cure for bumpsteer, installing offset steering rack bushings on a stock K-member will make an acceptable situation far worse than if you had done nothing at all.
- How do we know this? Because we tested it. We measured the bumpsteer, both with and without offset rack bushings. Our test results were first published in the July 1993 issue of Super Ford magazine.