Shock Recommendations: SN95 shocks on a Fox chassis
Choosing Bilsteins for your 1979-93 Fox chassis Mustang? We recommend the more optimal design of the shocks for the 1994-04 Mustang. Advantages to using SN95 solid axle Bilstein shocks instead of Fox chassis shocks:
- Increase in bump travel
- Reduction of excessive droop travel
- Cellular foam external bump stops
- Suitable for coil-over conversion
- Only the later model (1994-04) Bilstein shocks should be used with a rear coil-over conversion kit, because they have a more secure attachment of the lower shock eye to the shock body, than the 1993 and earlier shocks.
- The more secure eye attachment is necessary for the increased loads associated with a coil-over conversion.
- Maximum Motorsports will only machine the grooves for a rear coil-over conversion into the 1994-04 Bilstein shocks. We will not machine grooves into any of the 1993 and earlier application Bilstein shocks because of the shock eyelet attachment.